WELCOME TO CHMIA.COM
California Hazardous Materials Investigators Association is a not for profit public benefit corporation established in 1985.
|CHMIA Participates in the 25th annual Continuing Challenge held in Sacramento
The organization was established for the purposes of:
- Encouraging the cooperation and coordination of environmental crime investigations conducted by enforcement and administrative agencies.
- Facilitating and promoting educational programs in all aspects of environmental crime investigations.
Association Membership Qualifications:
Regular Members of this Corporation shall include and be limited to: Peace Officers, Public Health Officers, Environmental Health Officers/Specialists, Hazardous Materials Specialists of a Public Health or Environmental Health Agency or Fire Department, Prosecuting Attorneys engaged in environmental crimes prosecutions, employees of a water or air pollution control agency, the California District Attorney’s Association Environmental Circuit Prosecutors Project and their agents, and other individuals whose duties are related to the enforcement of environmental laws and regulations and who are employed by the Federal Government, the State of California, the Counties and Municipal Subdivisions of the State of California, or of any other State.
- CHMIA holds Regional Training Meetings, and an Annual Training Conference for which scholarships are available to cover registration costs for qualified members.
- CHMIA provides Tuition Reimbursement each year to qualified members to cover the cost of tuition for non-CHMIA sponsored training programs, such as CSTI courses and The Continuing Challenge Workshop.
- CHMIA also participates with state and local agencies and other organizations in the development and delivery of environmental enforcement training for law enforcement, regulatory, and emergency response personnel.
Member’s Area of CHMIA.com:
This area contains additional news and information for environmental enforcement professionals.